Bernalillo County Urban Open Space
- The Open Space property is owned and maintained by Bernalillo County Open Space Department.
- The site is located within the Jerry Cline Park neighborhood association boundary, which makes it appropriate for low impact programming.
- The UNM Art & Ecology class installed a temporary art piece at the site on December 8th, 2019.
- Design/programming concepts include: soil health demonstration & education opportunities, demonstration of glyphosate alternatives, urban pollinator garden, passive water harvesting techniques, etc.
- Property will serve as a host site and gathering space for future workshops and demonstrations.
- Site name will change via commissioner input and community engagement process.
- Inclusion of the neighborhood association and nearby residents throughout the process is critical in fostering positive working relationships and maintaining community support.