East Central Ministries Food Co-op/Clinic Garden
- East Central Ministries (ECM) manages a food co-op and partners with the University of New Mexico to run a medical clinic in an adjacent building in the International District. The project site is in between the 2 buildings. Construction is underway led by East Central Ministries.
- 2 – 2500 gallon water catchment tanks have been installed on-site in 2019 by an Eagle Scout.
- The project is a model for future therapy gardens in small spaces and demonstrates how stormwater runoff catchment can be utilized to augment or replace typical irrigation systems.
- ECM wholesales plant starts (and seeds) to several groups in the Int’l District and is a resource for local urban agriculture groups.
- ECM could be a site for future Steering Committee meetings and workshops.
- Although ECM propagates, sells and distributes many types of vegetable and produce plants the therapy garden’s function is aimed at providing a space for meditation, solitude and private medical consultation for clients at the ECM / UNM Medical Clinic.